I got another blog award! Hurray! This one is from Nevillegirl at Musing’s From Neville’s Navel (as was the previous and only other award I got, but we won’t dwell on that). I did say thank you to her in a comment already, but I’ll say it again: thanks, Nevillegirl!
Anyway, this blog award has a very specific set of instructions, instructions it has acquired over a very long – just kidding. 50 points if you get the reference. It does actually have instructions you have to follow in order to get the award, though. Here they are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Link back to the Blog of the Year 2012 Rules page so people can read the real, complete, and fully accurate rules of this slightly-different blogger award.
4. State 5 things about yourself.
5. Pass the award on to 6 other bloggers and link to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by pingback.
Okay, 2 is done already (see above). Now for 1:
On to instruction number 3. I don’t really get why I have to link people back to the “real” rules when I’ve just put them here; it’s not like I’m going to abridge them or anything – ah, I just realised! They must not expect people to put them up themselves! Oh yes, 10 points for epiphany. (That’s probably not the real reason, but I like to think the people who made this award don’t think I’m some sort of rule-editing, inaccuracy-making freak). Here’s the link. Moving on.
Five Things About Me
- Yesterday, I suffered a string of clumsiness-related incidents, including: leaning my elbows on a table and causing the whole thing to flip up; bumping my head on the same lamp twice; walking backwards into a settee I thought was further away; swinging my hand into a door frame; hitting my head on the ground when I tried to lie down; knocking a stack of sheet music over onto my head; and shining a booklight into my eyes.
- I was given a label maker for Christmas and have since labelled most of the light switches in the house with things like “Let there be light!”, “You light up my life”, and “My eyes!!!”.
- I was also given two cuddly toy owls for Christmas, which I have named Hibou (French word for owl; I name my cuddly toys like a French 3-year-old) and Bowie (because he has a serious David Bowie vibe going on).
- Whenever I see a significant number on a digital clock, I feel the need to shout it out. E.g. 11:11 (Eleven eleven!), 12:34 (One two three four!), and even 12:21 (Palindrome!).
- While doing my work today, I listened pretty much exclusively to Colours of the Wind from Pocahontas, I’ll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan, and Something That I Want from Tangled.
Lastly, it’s time for the nominations. Drumroll, please!
The Nominees and Their Blogs (in alphabetical order)
- Amethyst Marie from Amethyst Marie
- Caorthine from Caor Thine
- Hannah Rachel from Nearly Published
- Molly from Molly Goosens
- Sarah from In and Out of Weeks
- Thomas from The Quiet Voice
There we are! I don’t know if all of these bloggers will accept the award (I know some people don’t seem to like to accept these awards, and that’s cool) but I think all the nominees are completely awesome either way. It’s the thought that counts, anyway. Sending you all awesome thoughts and wishing you a (belated) Happy New Year!