For the last few posts on this blog, I have only really written about books, reading, or writing. And now for something completely different! A couple of days ago, nevillegirl from over at Musings From Neville’s Navel nominated me (along with 14 other people) to receive the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Nevillegirl is an awesome blogger from America (I think) who writes about all sorts of interesting things – such as Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, and other things including-but-not-limited-to those that start with H – and if you haven’t read her blog already, you should go do it now. And thank you for the nomination, nevillegirl!
This is my first blog award ever – exciting, right? – so I’m quite new to the whole process of accepting these things. This particular award requires that the nominee follows a series of steps in order to accept said award. I think that a lot of awards do things like this. At least that’s the impression I get from reading other people’s posts about them. Anyway, here is the list of rules/steps for this award in particular:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Place the award on your site.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs. Let them know they’re been nominated and how to accept the award.
That’s the first two done. Now for the super challenging (not really) challenge of listing 7 random facts about myself:
7 Random Things About Me
- I have a rather fetching set of titanium plates attached to my right humerus (A.K.A. upper arm bone), which I had put in after I broke the aforementioned bone falling off a horse.
- Neptune is my favourite planet in the whole solar system. I’m not quite sure why.
- I absolutely love cephalopods, such as squids and octopuses. They’re so much more loveable than dolphins.
- When I was younger, I had a morbid fear of butterflies. Yes, butterflies. I think it was seeing a close-up picture of one that caused this. I’m not as scared of them now, but they still freak me out sometimes.
- I much prefer being too cold to being too hot. In the same vein, autumn and winter are my favourite seasons and too much sunlight can put me in a bit of a bad mood. I’m such a ray of sunshine to be around, I tell you.
- I’m obsessed with judging food based on its texture. I don’t like eating bananas, creme caramel, or mushrooms simply because of their textures, even though I don’t mind their tastes.
- Looking at big pictures of outer space gives me this sort of dizzy, vertigo-like feeling. Weirdly enough, this feeling is actually rather addictive.
Time for the nominations!
The Nominees (in alphabetical order by name)
- Allen from The Deeper End of Chaos
- Brittany from Brittany Tingey
- Caorthine from Caor Thine
- Elana from Cartoons and Creative Writing
- Irena from This Miss Loves to Read
- Isobel from Coldham Cuddlies Calling
- Jasmine from Age of the Diary
- Kal from Autism Twins
- Matt from Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth
- Mightydamsels from Mightydamsels
- Molly from Molly Goosens
- Neal from English Major versus the World
- Ruth from Phemes and More-Phemes
- Sara Jane from Junk of the Heart
- Shannon from Shannon A Thompson
Finally, to fulfil the last part of the rules, I’m going to go and let these inspiring bloggers know they’ve been nominated!